I remember when I was a teenager, my friend Elizabeth checked out a book on home spa treatments at the library. She spent the night at my house armed with her new acquired knowledge, and a bag full of cucumbers, washcloths, and oatmeal. We spent the entire night creating face masks and beautifying our teenaged skin. I’ll never forget it, especially now that I have a ten year old daughter who’s favorite activity at the moment is either playing hair salon or makeovers. The beauty with DIY masks is that most of the time you already have the ingredients in your cupboard! Happy spa day!
Eleanor’s Fall Facial via International Orange
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl. Mix well to get a smooth, thick consistency.
2. After cleansing, apply mask evenly over entire face.
3. Apply remaining mixture to body; exfoliate gently (optional).
4. Leave mask on until it dries, then rinse off.
Avocado and Lemon Mask via Nival salon spa
Ingredients (makes one mask)
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. avocado oil
Cornstarch as needed
1. Carefully peel the avocado and remove the pit.
2. Puree avocado flesh; stir in lemon juice and avocado oil. (Note: If the mixture is runny, sprinkle with 1/8 tbsp. cornstarch — repeat as needed — to thicken it slightly to a spreadable paste.)
3. Cleanse your skin thoroughly.
4. Spread the mask over your face with your fingertips, avoiding the eye area.
5. Relax (in front of the telly) for 15 to 20 minutes, then wash away with warm water.
via Daily Candy